AWOV is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. AWOV does not knowingly pass on, publish or disclose any identifying information regarding the network identities of machines visiting our website to any third party. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for AWOV in dealing with privacy considerations.
Chief Executive Officer
Afghan Women's Organisation Victoria Inc.
AWOV collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of organisation membership, support services, grant and funding obligations, events and special initiatives. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
AWOV recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies.
AWOV is bound by Victorian Privacy Laws, the Information Privacy Act 2000, as well as other laws, which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the respective Privacy Principles contained in the Victorian Privacy Laws as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
In broad terms this means that we:
• Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
• store any information that is provided, securely and will not sell or release it to any other business or person
• Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
• Will not use email addresses or any information contained in emails sent to our website for any purpose other than that for which the email and the information contained within the email was intended.
• Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
• Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
• Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.